Villa Jenny is first mentioned in 1890 on the occasion of the visit of the German Empress Auguste Victoria in Sassnitz. For the visit of the Empress, 3 villas were rented in Sassnitz, including Villa Jenny. During the several-week visit, the sons of the Empress, Crown Prince Wilhelm and Prince Eitel Friedrich, lived in it, along with other members of the imperial delegation.
The Villa Jenny was built around 1880 by Mr. Eduard Kruse (community head and bathing director from 1893 by Sassnitz, born 1861) and named after his wife Jenny Kruse-Petermann.
Jenny Kruse-Petermann lived in Sassnitz since 1888 and wrote the book "Märchen" in 1924, published in the Saßnitzer Buchdruckerei and Verlagsanstalt G.m.b.h., Saßnitz, Rügen. The book contains 2 fairy tales from Rügen's mythology. Already at the end of the 19th century, beds were rented out in the Villa Jenny for touristic use, at that time a total of 6 beds and only in summer operation. The address at that time was Prinzenallee 3
After the Second World War, Villa Jenny was used as a residential building and was partially renovated several times. The present sauna house was added in 1962 as an apartment for rent to holidaymakers. In the years 2019 -2020, the Villa Jenny was completely renovated and modernized in the style of the resort architecture (Bäderarchitektur). Today, the villa, divided into 4 modern apartments, is open to guests from all over the world for a relaxing time with the flair of the imperial era.